Decorating Rooftops with Christmas Lights
2 to 3 Hours
Decorating the roof tops, or hips/ridges will add many more lights to the display. Rooftops will add much more character to homes with flat gutter lines and no front facing peaks.
- Install lights on the front eaves as normal. The rooftop will be an add-on. ![Home with C9's on Front]()
- Make stringers for the ridges by measuring the length of the ridge and cutting a cord a few feet long. Measurments can be taken by counting the shingle caps or with a tape measure. ![Measuring Ridges]()
- Assemble the stringers using gutter clips. ![Stringer with gutter clips]()
- Attach the lights to the shingle caps. Put these on the side of the roof that will be most visible from the street.
- Leave a long lead for the male connector as this will plug directly into the C9 stringers previously installed on the home.
- Add an inline female connector to the existing lights.
- Plug the rooftop stringer into the peak stringer.